Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finances - Of What Am I Convinced?

“And I would encourage you to understand that financial limitations exist because you do not accept that money flows freely to you as your belief allows it to happen.”
Dialogue on Awakening, Tom and Linda Carpenter

Waking up this morning, lying there, thinking about my dream, I realized that the really dominant and persistent thought in my mind right then, was the phrase, “of what am I convinced?”  Often at the end of a dream, I will become aware of a phrase.  It will present itself separate from the dream, seemingly just dangling in my mind, all by itself.  I’ve found if I take the time to explore the phrase, it will actually answer a question or provide insight into something I’ve been pondering for awhile. I noted this one and promised myself I’d think about it after I made sure I remembered the details of the dream.  Incidentally, it was a great dream, filled with joyous anticipation and beautiful colors.   

My first thought in thinking about “of what am I convinced” was to recognize that this was a response to my questioning a few days ago, how the above quote was true in my life.  I had been asking myself, what are the thoughts, maybe subtle ones, that I have about genuinely accepting that money flows freely to me as my belief allows it to happen.  I thought I was pretty familiar with beliefs I hold which could be road blocks to abundance of money.
“Of what am I convinced” was pointing me to consider thoughts of which my feelings are at a deeper level than just the possibility that a belief was true or not.  I recognize now that to be convinced is to know without a doubt.  To know without a doubt, to me, means that “it is.”  I am contrasting this with the idea of what I’ll call a “front-line or superficial belief.”  I think this is usually what we deal with when we talk about beliefs.  These are frequently thoughts that we think or consider could be true.  To think or consider something as true is to leave the door open that the outcome can be another way. 
I see immediately why I need to know and to be aware “of what I am convinced.” “Of what I am convinced,” goes deeper into my feeling experiences than that which I casually believe.  This level is a one-way street and in simple language, it TRUMPS “front-line and superficial beliefs.”    
What are my thoughts on the subject that I know here and now, without a doubt are true?  What are the unexamined thoughts which rise up in my mind, of which I am convinced and continue to repeat to myself, never recognizing their impact on my bank account?   I began to ask myself, listening for play back of messages I have heretofore accepted as truth and facts of reality itself.   
Of What Am I Convinced:
Money is hard to come by
Money doesn’t come to me freely as the air I breathe
You have to work for money
Money doesn’t grow on trees
You have to save your money in order to have money later in life
People have limited amounts of money
And more!!!

Asking for, making lists and identifying thoughts/beliefs, of which we are “convinced,” are real/true, can be powerful tools for discovering why things remain the same in our lives.  Conscious knowledge of what it is that we are convinced will sometimes cause certain conditions to simply fade away as we are no longer mentally and emotionally feeding them.  

It is definitely good to know, “Of what am I convinced?”  I thank my dream partners for bringing this tool to my awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment