Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A S O U L MESSAGE

What is the message that your soul is sending through your body and daily experiences?
Many of us are familiar with looking at our dreams for meaning as to what our inner self is telling us that we can relate to daily affairs.  However, to me, of equal interest, is what my daily affairs themselves are telling me about the deeper, unseen part of myself.   What does it, the deeper part of me want for my life?  How are the occurrences of my daily experiences reflective of need and desire on the part of my soul, my spirit?
Story: 
It was winter, December and now well into January that I had been driving around for weeks without antifreeze in my car.  I knew I needed antifreeze but for some unconscious reason, I chose not to buy antifreeze and to just keep on heavy clothing and not turn on the heater, while driving. Once in a great while though, I would put on the heater for two or three minutes, but then I thought I smelled an odd scent which I attributed to the lack of antifreeze in the car.  Also, I didn’t feel safe turning on the heat under these circumstances.  

During the third week in January, on an extremely cold day, my brother happened to be riding in the car with me.  I was going to drop him off.  His car was out of commission.  After driving about ten minutes, he asked why I didn’t turn on the heat.  Sheepishly, I told him that I knew certain fuels were lacking in the car and I didn’t want to take a chance on damaging the motor by turning on the heat and besides no heat would come out.
He got off into my world, telling me about the importance of having antifreeze in the car at all times and how lucky I was that it had been so cold, otherwise the engine would have overheated, etc.,   I knew the importance of having oil and changing it on a regular basis but I hadn’t equated the importance of antifreeze to good maintenance of the engine in the same terms.  We stopped and got the antifreeze.  After a period of time, I turned on the heater and hurrah! …. H E A T!!!
Approximately, three or four days after this, one morning, passing by the thermostat in the dining room, I stopped and looked at it.  I noticed that it was set at 70° but it was only registering 60°.  I moved the lever back and forth a few times but didn’t hear the furnace coming up.  I went down into the basement, looked at the pilot light and saw that it was on.
A repairman came out later in the day.  He said it had something to do with a relay switch.  I had this problem about two years ago, but it was not the relay switch.  He fixed the problem and left.  I was so happy to have my heat working again.  However, that night, under a blanket, watching TV from the couch, I sensed the house cooling down.  I checked the thermostat and sure enough I was back to the same problem.
Speaking with my brother, this morning, he reminded me that I’d just gotten the heat in my car working and now I’m having problems with the heat in my house.  When he said this, a light went on in my mind.  These two and actually there is a third situation, are all about heat.  There is a message in this.  There has to be.  I absolutely need to stop and take notice.  What is the message that I’m getting about heat?
I began to dwell upon thoughts of heat, analyzing what heat is, what it does, etc.  Some of my thoughts were, heat is passion.  Heat causes energy to move.  Heat can be comforting, exciting.  I questioned what had happened to me as a result of not having heat in my car, in my house. 
The first thought that whizzed by, was the fact that when I was in my car, if someone were riding with me, I could not offer them comfort and warmth.  In my house, as a result of not having heat, I had missed out on seeing a client, missed a valuable connection yesterday, because I had to stay home and wait to be repaired. 
I studied the actions I’d taken in each situation.  I had put antifreeze in my car to protect it both from freezing up or over heating and being unable to go forward.  Initially, I contacted three different repair people to see who could come and address the problem.  I eliminated two of them, due to matters of trust, I’d conjured up in my mind. 
To simplify this, I saw the car and the house as myself.  As me, both needed heat in order to move forward in comfort and ease.  As heat is passion and warmth, both situations communicate that I, personally, need warmth, comfort and trust in my life now, working both on the outside and inside.
I am getting the message and responding accordingly.    

No comments:

Post a Comment